No Display after boot, even with new gfx card

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Trying to fix someone's desktop.
I actually have very basic info on this, it's a intel celeron, i'm not sure if he's upgraded the mobo on it.
It looks fairly new, has a arctic cooler on it.
He said display use to work then just stopped working.
We got a different gfx card to test it and still no display.

What other steps do we have to determine the problem?
What more info do you guys need that might help the situation more.
Thanks

Edit: it's a desktop not laptop, sorry

Trying to fix someone's laptop.
I actually have very basic info on this, it's a intel celeron, i'm not sure if he's upgraded the mobo on it.
It looks fairly new, has a arctic cooler on it.
He said display use to work then just stopped working.
We got a different gfx card to test it and still no display.

What other steps do we have to determine the problem?
What more info do you guys need that might help the situation more.
Thanks

Check with him later on ask him this, when he uprgaded his heatsink amd cooler, did he remember to apply the grease before putting every back together again ?
It sounds like it will power on and the heatsink will die down and no display, if his cpu gets to be hot it will shut down and will not initialize the vga port.

Try chilling off the laptop for 1 hour, once done hit power and see if it comes on fully, if it does there goes your issues right there.

huge apology guys, it's a desktop, not sure why i said laptop.
it's an intel motherboard, eMachines, celeron.
computer stays on and doesn't shut off, left it on for 5 mins, just no display.
He said it was working and one days the display just stopped working.
monitor says no signal

huge apology guys, it's a desktop, not sure why i said laptop.
it's an intel motherboard, eMachines, celeron.
computer stays on and doesn't shut off, left it on for 5 mins, just no display.
He said it was working and one days the display just stopped working.
monitor says no signal

Makes more sense now, try resetting his bios, look for a jumper called jbat1 and move the jumper to the right hand side.
Next turn it on for 20 seconds, shut it down all the way and wait 45 seconds and turn it back on.
It should kick back on, if you a get a brief beep with a post error mesage something may have gone wrong with his bios settings.
Also check his cpu temps and memory settings to see if anything is out of the ordrinary.

Makes more sense now, try resetting his bios, look for a jumper called jbat1 and move the jumper to the right hand side.
Next turn it on for 20 seconds, shut it down all the way and wait 45 seconds and turn it back on.
It should kick back on, if you a get a brief beep with a post error mesage something may have gone wrong with his bios settings.
Also check his cpu temps and memory settings to see if anything is out of the ordrinary.

can't check the cpu or memory temps, there's no display on the monitor

tired changing the jumper, pc wouldnt turn on.
put it back, it turned on, off, then on again, still no display
really have no idea what is going on here

Hmm, so if your getting no beeps or post from the motherboard....
I really hate to ask this of you, but please try your cpu in his system and use one stick of ram.
If it boots and does post, it maybe his new cpu, if not and nothing happens, the motherboard is dead.

we actually believe it's the cpu as well...
we just switched everything to a whole new pc and used the same ram and it worked.
i don't think it's the motherboard since things are powering up, no beeps.
The only think we can imagine is the cpu, we're gonna keep that mobo aside and test it later with another cpu.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom