Used PC purchase help and will Mobo /GPU work together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SLi cable usually comes with the motherboard if it supports it.
but I'd complain to newegg until they compensate you for the missing mini hdmi adapter.

looking at the pictures it looks like an oddly shaped adapter, may be worth looking through the box contents again just to make sure.

Yep, found it yesterday ( after buying a mini HDMI to Hdmi cable for $25 at Walmart) between the foam and the outside cardboard box. All that room in the foam cut out area - where the GPU, all extra cables, etc. are all placed so nicely and they put the most important accessory underneath the foam. God I feel stupid though- I should have taken the thing apart completely right away. Got it hooked up - just fits in my mid tower Sentry case.

The modular 600 watt OCZ came with two PCI cables (one 6 pin and one 6 + 2 pin) - so that was easy. Of coarse- resetting the bios to "see" the new GPU was another matter as the bios was password protected- but I did not think I set up a password. Ended up taking out the Cmos battery. Downloaded the second most recent Beta driver on Nvidia website for the GFX500 series. Also downloaded from MSI their "live" software.

Wow this thing flies- playing BF3 on my 50inch 1080P Plasma without a single jitter - the 5770 I was using was really struggling. Of coarse- I still am pretty bad - but improving now that I can actually see my opponents and my aim is not 3 feet behind my target due to lag.

Now onto overclocking the 2500K and the GPU. Suggestions and or links to software for this would be appreciated.

I have heard that- will try that one first. How about temp monitor downloads- are they accurate enough to warn about getting too hot?

OK, got into the bios and changed it to 4.0 ghz, got the GPU overclocked slightly with afterburner. but the CPUZ program still says I am at 3.3 ghz on the 2500K. My "Kombustable" score is less than 3000 - not great. I know that there a way to make the CPUZ program read the overclocking accurately, but I do not know how to do that. Help please. Also I have read the 2500K and Nvidia 500GTX do not do well on the Kombustable test - is that true? What program should I try- Fumark3D.

Downloaded basic Future3dmark - ran benchmark = P5685 3DMarksn - Is this good or not? Sorry for all the questions - total noob at overclocking, benchmarks,etc.

Dear MODS - Should this thread be moved to overclocking area- or should I start a new thread or just leave it where it is

Cruz.. your clock rate is called frequency. Don't go by the subject named clock speed. Should read 4000.00mhz. If it isn't showing correctly than you aren't oc properly. Or a bios issue

Or you've got the turbo boost stuff on and it only shows 4000 when you're actually taxing the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom