Using 2 mice possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedSteve-o

Baseband Member
I was wondering if it would be possible to hook up 2 mice to my pc to play a split screen game. I always get annoyed with fiddling around with the joystick and thought that this was a good idea. I want to play Serious sam: the second encounter in split screen.

Ps: Should this be in gaming?, well mice are hardware, right?

"More Mouse, ... To the ounce!..."

It is possible to use two mouses in one computer, but it's not vary good in games. Just because you can have two mouses dosn't mean you'd have two coursors on the screen. Therefore if you do plug two mouses in your computer, (#1: USB, #2: PS/2) you will only get ONE coursor. And that's not vary helpfull. :cool:

im not talking about windows, I know it would probably act screwy. There is an option in the game that says mouse 2 and i was just wondering if it could be done

"iMouse..."

IcedSteve-o said:
im not talking about windows, I know it would probably act screwy. There is an option in the game that says mouse 2 and i was just wondering if it could be done
OH! :confused: Well, yep it's just talking about a USB mouse. thats all. :cool:

Computers only thing that there is 1 mouse connected to the computer. You can connect 2 mice to the computer, but at the end of the day Windows will just treat it as one mouse.

I have seen some people use 2 Game Controllers on the once PC. And most of the time, Windows and the game will Identify them as 2 seperate game controllers. Eg. 2 Joy Sticks while playing Descent or MechWarrior Series.

It's actually fun to play with multiple mice...to see which one the OS gives priority to :p

My laptop has a touchpad and a trackstick...it favors the stick. Even over external mice, which incidently beat the touchpad.

Maybe the game would treat the mice seperately, even if Windows doesn't, if it has a mouse 2 option? Worth a try if you can borrow the mouse somehow...

it will be cool to actually play a two player game without the second player fumbling around with the weird controls

thanks guys :D

qiranworms said:
It's actually fun to play with multiple mice...to see which one the OS gives priority to :p

My laptop has a touchpad and a trackstick...it favors the stick. Even over external mice, which incidently beat the touchpad.
Drives me nuts when i have a Laptop my wrists contantly brush the touch pad.
I have noticed that some of the newer laptops are coming with options where you can turn the touch pad off.

IcedSteve-o said:
it will be cool to actually play a two player game without the second player fumbling around with the weird controls

thanks guys :D
Personally I would be putting PLAYER 2 on my second PC.

Last time I checked, Serious Sam is a game where they throw everything at you, (INCLUDING THE BATHROOM SINK!!!) from all directions... even on EASY MODE.

well i couldnt get the serious sam to work with the second mouse. I wonder if it's because i used an old serial mouse.. oh well, i just wanted to play the two player deathmatch :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom