Looking for compatible CPU upgrade / Criticize my build

Status
Not open for further replies.

larathanos

Beta member
Hello I'm running a refurbished ECS Motherboard that only supports DDR2 apparently. Although I may increase my ram from 4 to 8 in the future, I was hoping I could get some guidance on a processor upgrade that matches my 770 chipset and system specs. Thanks : )

Operating System
MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1

CPU
AMD Phenom X3 8450 21 °C
Toliman 65nm Technology

RAM
4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-5-5-15)

Motherboard
ECS IC780M-A (CPU 1) 30 °C

Graphics
ACER S271HL (1024x768@60Hz)
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (ATI AIB) 41 °C

Hard Drives
488GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKS-22A7B0 ATA Device
(SATA) 34 °C

391GB Western Digital WDC WD4000AAKS-00A7B0 ATA Device (SATA) 40 °C

59GB OCZ-VERTEX2 ATA Device (SATA)

Well I am using my PC for multitasking and gaming mostly. I'm open to suggestions about overclocking, although I am reluctant to damage my system. My SSD drive is great, but I want to increase my ghz with a compatible processor. The motherboard I have says it supports all AMD processors, so I'll have to take their word for it. But yeah, mostly I want good gaming performance, low CPU usage, and overall the best experience possible with my specs.

Well I am using my PC for multitasking and gaming mostly. I'm open to suggestions about overclocking, although I am reluctant to damage my system. My SSD drive is great, but I want to increase my ghz with a compatible processor. The motherboard I have says it supports all AMD processors, so I'll have to take their word for it. But yeah, mostly I want good gaming performance, low CPU usage, and overall the best experience possible with my specs.

You realize the link to ecs in my last reply there, linked to the supported cpus.

So as clown asked, Budget?

Thanks for your help guys : ) Just didn't want to order an expensive processor to find that it doesn't work.

Last time I tried to upgrade my BIOS I fried my motherboard and had to get a complete computer overhaul, and I got this one, and I don't even know if it's even AM3 ready or not. See the weird thing is I run DDR2 when there's a version that runs DDR3 and has that iCafe logo on the MOBO. I have the iCafe, but DDR2. It's a hybrid for all I know. But about the BIOS, yeah, very scared to get into unfamiliar territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom