ANOTHER build?!?!? Your thoughts???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, getting much closwer now. I made an executive decision and went with an Intel i5-2310 CPU. Also went with a good feature rich Motherboard which he can use if he wants to add a GPU or upgrade the CPU down the road to an Ivy Bridge i7. Also, I changed from the 6870 to a 6950. I'm still waiting to hear what the OFFICIAL budget is since he changed his mind to the Dell 24" monitor, not sure if he wants to stick with the $1000 for the rest of it or not. Either way, this would be one sweet machine.

DANG!! Just noticed that the PSU is OUT OF STOCK.... I wonder if that means they are going to no longer carry it, or if they are just waiting on a shipment.

$990.39 shipped

Looks like we might be good to go, and ordering in the next week possibly.... Here is the final list...

My only concern at this point, will that PSU be enough?

$995.39 shipped from Newegg, $45 MIR, so $950.39 from Newegg, plus +$50 for Win 7 Ultimate, $1,000.39. Not too shabby!! Well, $1,549.39 with monitor. Still

not bad.

That response time is rather slow.
6ms
AFAIK, 5ms has been the recommended minimum for awhile, with 2ms becoming more common. Some claim that they can easily tell a difference even between 2ms and 1ms.
If this is a gaming build, then the response time may matter, especially in online FPS.

Response time is a funny subject, you say that 2ms is becoming normal, however reading most monitor specs this is for grey to grey time change. 5ms is the response time for full colour change still on monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom