hello from BFE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
hi, i am a new guy on the block. i am about the furthest thing from a computer geek you will likely find here. i was a mechanic for better than 40 years, and am now retired (involuntarily by an injury). for a while, i am going to be on the sponge end of this forum. at least till i have half a notion what i am doing. i have had a few computers, but i have killed every one of them. so far, knock on wood, i have only had to reformat this hard drive 5 or 6 times. after loosing everything i had plugged in on my last computer for like the tenth time, when i bought this computer i bought an external hard drive to save things in. it helps a lot, but i missed some files the last time i had to reformat. i am hoping to learn some things here so i dont have to reformat every time i have a problem, and how to recognise when i have saved a file or folder, and not just the shortcut to it. and i would love to figure out how to refill the black ink cartridges on my printers and have them work correctly afterwards! i am on a fixed income now, so there is no such thing as overtime or a bonus. and every dime i can save helps. i hope you dont mind simplistic questions, i dont know much about these things, so i will need help. i will be talking to you all again soon! thanks in advance, Dave

oh, i forgot, the reference to BFE = i live in the sticks. not a lot of folks out here that know what they really are doing with electronic equipment.

@ XWrench3, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

Welcome to Tech-Forums.

Living in the sticks ain't too bad. Both Slaymate and myself live out in the boonies, too. ;)

i do like living in the sticks for many reasons. but there is definitely a lack of hi-tech know how out here. or at least i haven't found anyone yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom