Could one of the Administrators who does the coding for TF check somethings please ?

This reminds me of the day that my AVG client decided to play with me, saying that there was a potential threat in one of the TF cookies, in the end, it was how AVG scanned cookies, and saw a signature of Harpers, that had a format c:/ line in it. AVG just flipped out....

BUT guess WHAT!!!! That gave me an idea, and sure enough I am blocking something on the SuperPI page, first page! Inside hmammen's signature, are two pictures it appears, that are pulled via php.

Now, if the admins here would kindly look at that signature, easily found on page one of the super PI thread, http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/official-tech-forums-super-pi-1m-rankings-169586/

Look at his signature, I see two "images" being blocked, Chrome blocked these for me, thanks to several "addons" in my browser, but MSE still has those two logged as potential threats due to how the images are made, it appears he has just link.php=username[/ img] which honestly, can be a security threat as that php script is ran every time a user sees that signature.

This is IMO an issue on both ends, we shouldn't be able to have PHP links in our signatures in that manor, as it's executing a script, doesn't matter where the script is being executed, but it can be a dangerous script in the end. It is almost as if a user was allowed to use HTML in their signature.

In my case, when I had AVG it was more or less AVG being overly happy to scan cookies. In this case, I feel it could be a threat in the end, Mak/Ksod, be a bit easier on the guy, the only reason I bothered to check that thread is because I noticed an old username listed in that link, that eset blocked.

Mike, curious, exactly how is ESET setup on your computer?

How did an edit post turn into a reply? o.0

Yes a signature can do this, but sadly there are no signatures that are displayed on the main page! The main page only shows topics and posts. No images, no nothing. So how exactly could an image cause this issue when none are displayed? So yet again the point stands that it is not the site.

Yes I do see hmammen's images that are blocked. They shall be reviewed as well. But that doesnt negate the fact that the main page only shows Text and if you have ads showing, Google based Ads. I only see text ads as well, no images.

I am being easy, cause I know for a fact that it is not a site issue. Nothing that is shown can cause this issue and none of the ads displayed cause this issue. Yet again proven by the fact that 5 people, 12 browsers and 2 OS's do not come up with anything.

But of course it is just me being harsh right? I am still the bad guy cause no matter how many facts I point out, no matter how right I am, just cause it is me I am automatically wrong.

I aint saying your the bad guy Mak, I can't explain why he has issues with the front page either, but I do know one of the issues he out-lined is because of a silly signature.

Maybe mike would be willing to upload the logs his computer generates so we can help him better with this issue? For all we know, his browser security could be a bit too high.

But of course it is just me being harsh right? I am still the bad guy cause no matter how many facts I point out, no matter how right I am, just cause it is me I am automatically wrong.

Ain't that the truth... :p

BTW, I tried several other of my browsers as well. Chrome, Iron, Opera, and Iceweasel on my Linux rig. I still see no problems.

Perhaps it is overly sensitive security. When I visit the Super Pi page, ESET pops up a warning. I cannot take a SS however, as I am on the college computers and everything but IE is disabled here.

I can try to load the page when I get home. I have the same security there, ESET Smart Security.

Edit: After rereading your post above, Mak, I see that you are already investigating this.

Corrisive, you were right, I tracked down 2 minor problems.
"hmammen" havent seen this guy in a long time, but apparently 2 broken image links he has underneath his signature is setting off my antivirus.
Thanks man for verifying that, also thanks to any other staff who helped out with this.

Well it overly sensitive settings are causing it, (someone else said that school computers pulled that) if people was to happen to see one of his posts, it will set their AV off and they will go running away. Something that is obviously not wanted.

Back
Top Bottom