Could one of the Administrators who does the coding for TF check somethings please ?

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you all, had some drama in the house just now and cooking up 3 dinners for the next 3 days.

tfss.png

also I would advise you to please also contact vbulletin the makers of the forum software as well to make sure this is not widespread.

also I would advise you to please also contact vbulletin the makers of the forum software as well to make sure this is not widespread.

Good luck with that. They can hardly find their butt using both hands...

We are not sure if this is a vb issue or not yet. I still have yet to see any virus and I am running ESET too. So far, from what I see, we have one report..

Try uninstalling MSE.

Slay, I did like you said when I saw you reply last night.
Its not MSE bothering NOD32, everytime I look inside OC Pi thread, there is some banner or ads NOD32 keeps blocking.

If you need me too, I'll pull my logs from NOD32 and post it back up later this afternoon.
I'll see you guys later on...

Slay, I did like you said when I saw you reply last night.
Its not MSE bothering NOD32, everytime I look inside OC Pi thread, there is some banner or ads NOD32 keeps blocking.

If you need me too, I'll pull my logs from NOD32 and post it back up later this afternoon.
I'll see you guys later on...

You can post the logs if you want but they wont do any good. The simple truth is this.

We have members here who have posted no issues running MSE, multiple creditable members.
We have the Tech Admin posting no issues with Eset.

Now that is a security expert posting no issues with MSE and a security expert posting no issues with Eset. You are the only person reporting an issue with the site, you are also the only person using a compromised system. A coincidence? I highly doubt it. Even after removal of MSE your system is still compromised. It is still conflicted as to what decisions to make on files cause those are the same files that caused issues before.

The only way to be sure is to format the system, install only 1 AV and test again. That is the only way to be sure that your system is no longer compromised or conflicted. Until then your logs are not going to give us proof that something is wrong with the site when we already know your PC is compromised and conflicted. Until such time it is just a compromised system giving errors cause of an internal conflict.

I know you are going to try and argue with me. But the facts are present in this entire topic. You have Trotter, Roark, Remixed, MoM, Tech Admin and myself all reporting no issues. 3 of the site Administrators are posting no issues at all. 1 of which who used 12 different browsers to test on 2 separate OS's. In case you didnt know, IE 10 is only available in Win8 Developer Preview at this point. So not only did I test this within Win7, but Win8 as well. Neither OS is showing any errors.

5 different people, 12 different browsers and 2 different OS's, one of which is the same one you use, and not a single issue aside from your system which you already said you compromised cause you had 2 AV programs installed. Partially disabled or not MSE is still active, it is built into the system far more than you know. Even if you disable the real time protection MSE will still ask to scan or will still scan upon demand or the set schedule if you failed to disable that aspect of the program. If you didnt disable the active scan then you most certainly had the conflict. If you did disable the active scan Windows would have been giving you issues that MSE was disabled and to correct the problem constantly.

So the evidence is there. If you choose to believe it or not is your choice. You can try and fight with me all you want, but I have shown more than enough proof that it is not the site at all. The only thing you have shown is a compromised system acts up and gives you errors that are not truly there.

Alex, I have no attentions of getting into it with you over this.
All I did was addressed a concern and have it checked out nothing more.

Have a nice day.

I am not getting into anything. I am pointing out facts. Facts that anyone can see just by reading the topic.

Tech Admin is in charge of the security of the site and its servers. He has forgotten more about security than you or I will ever know. This same person used the same AV as you and posted no issues have been reported.

So you can try to debate it all you want, but I have clearly shown without a shadow of a doubt that there is nothing wrong at all with the site and it is in fact your system that is the root of all the trouble.

I dont know why you constantly think that I am trying to fight with you. I am pointing out facts. These facts are shown within every post of this topic, I just combined them into 1 post to show people who read this topic that there is no security issues on this site and that the root of the problem is a single users system. This is for the good of not only our members but our guests who come to this site, see this topic and think that maybe the site is compromised when in fact it is not.

There is nothing wrong with the site. Yet you continue to try and fight saying that there is nothing wrong with your system and that the site is at fault. That is not the case in this situation. This has to be clearly pointed out so that our members and the guests who come here and visit this topic know this so that they dont think twice about being here and go somewhere else. We are not here to lose potential member or current members over something that is not caused by our site.

There is nothing wrong with what I have done to show our members and our guests that the site is not compromised. It is something that should be done to give everyone reassurance that the site is well maintained and checked for security issues. Tech Admin has done his job and researched the matter, coming up with no results. If the person in charge of security says there is nothing wrong as well as 2 Administrators of the site who operate it daily, that should be more than enough proof for everyone to know we do take security seriously.

Back
Top Bottom