Upgrading PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinjoe925

Beta member
Hey guys,
First time on here, but I just thought I would get other peoples opinions on what I should do with my rig. Its about 4 years old, AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 3600+ 2.0, ASUS M2N board (PCI-e), and a mostly burnt out 8500gt i got from a friend. I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card at least, but I dont know what my board can handle. I realize it might just be time to get rid of the 2.0 and get a quad at least, but I'm trying to upgrade on the cheap. I'm trying to play BF3 and have better res on Skyrim, if I can do this with just a v/c upgrade, great. Thanks for the help guys!
Joe

BF3 and Skyrim are both pretty CPU heavy games. Don't get me wrong. a mid-level GPU will show you your faults, but I had an old Socket 939 (AMD +4400x2) system and the difference alone with just and upgrade of the CPU is night and day when I play Skyrim. I am still using the same 2 GTX 260's, but I upgraded to what's in my sig. So for my 2 and half cents... I would do a core rebuild. CPU/mobo/ram at a minimum. Possibly a GPU/PSU as well, like Taylor suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom