PCI vs AGP Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanM19SSM

In Runtime
Upgrading my computer...what to buy...

Hey,
Someone told me that the AGP video cards are a lot better than PCI cards, even if you have the same amount of video ram in each...
Is that true becuase i want to get a better video card for my PC and I dont have any AGP slots for an AGP card and I want to get the better deal...
My specs are Dell DIM 2400 P4 2.3ghz, 384MB RAM, integrated 64mb graphics card, and a 40GB HD.
thx

AGP is much better than PCI. in pci, the best you can get i bleleive is the 9600. pci is slower than agp's 8x. And your pc is a dell, im not surprised you dont have an AGP slot. lol. If you cant get a new PC, get the 9600 pci. its your best bet. nvidia has the 5200 in pci also i think, but the ati is better.

old pci boards used to lag - my radeion 7500 pci doesent but its ollllllllld :(

OK...
Is there some sort of adapter or whatever so that I can put an AGP card on my motherboard or would I have to buy a whole new motherboard so I can buy a higher-end graphics card

If I were to have to buy a new motherboard, would I have to buy a new processor or CPU or could I use the one I have in right now.

Thanks

you should be able to use the same cpu, it all depends on what you want, i would stick with it, or get the 9600pci (cost dependant of course) or just get a new mobo and go with a 9800 or 6800ultra or whatever,

Basically you can do whatever you want, its just going to cost you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom