How to detect fake CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggysmile

In Runtime
I'm having a hard time distinguishing fake (pirated) CD from an original one especially if the label and the CD really look like as of a genuine CD. Are there any indications that could help me?

i scanned some of my genuine CDs here but some of them don't have bar codes too. Just a different packaging.

Anyway, commonly original games are boxed. Do all genuine DVDs have a small booklet inside opposite the CD?

piggysmile said:
I'm having a hard time distinguishing fake (pirated) CD from an original one especially if the label and the CD really look like as of a genuine CD. Are there any indications that could help me?

Is there any specific type of CDs that are you are tying to distinguish between a fake (pirated) CD from an original one.
Eg. Play Station, DVDs Movies, Games, Applications, Music, Etc. Etc.

This leads me to suspect that you're buying DVD's from a shady source or "friend."

Unless you live in Cuba or Cambodia or something...maybe Mexico..., if you buy from a store and the seals are still on the edges and the disk is practically hammered onto the spindle, and you don't see any defects in the cover...you're fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom