Handy Infomation for Computing Beginers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Some Handy Infomation for Computing Beginers

the reason you can get malware without clicking the save as button, is because the browser downloads it into a temporary file on the computer?

and malware is like the Decepticons once on a hard drive?

the reason you can get malware without clicking the save as button, is because the browser downloads it into a temporary file on the computer?

Sometimes, depending on the malware.

Not quite. All files are downloaded. No matter if you choose Save or Save as. If you choose Save the file will be downloaded and saved to your PC but it will be saved in the default location setup in the browser preferences and with the name given by the people who created the file. Choosing the Save As option allows you to choose where you download the file along with what name you want to save it as.

The Temp folder is used to store some downloads, but mainly those are the ones that have online installers. They download a small file which is saved to the Temp Folder and then executed right away to install the selected product. The Temp folder is mainly used to store install data for programs.

First ever post on here. Joined up to learn about many various things as I feel slightly disapointed with what my degree modules and subjects taught me. Job interview with HP soon, thought this would be a good place to start but thankfully im a bit further on than this.

See you all around on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom