Used PC purchase help and will Mobo /GPU work together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually do use the "egg"- but no 560ti at this price with free game. Interesting that you are in my area- I wonder if we have met. I know a "TJ" in another hobby of mine= Saltwater aquariums- if you are him - PM me.

Thanks Yami - I figured the OCZ PSU was better than the Ultra, also the Ram is better and the MOBO is also better on the other setup- mainly because you guys all helped putting the pieces together.

OK picked up the new PC- he booted it with a CD of a start-up program he had- all looked well. So, I am now home with a puzzled look on my face. Because, when I built the other PC , the buy who watched/helped had a Win7 CD he purchased from a company he knew, so we had a CD to load. Can I purchase the OEM version from the EGG and load it on this PC- the guy I bought it from "wiped" the drives, but he had Win7 installed on it at one time.

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - Operating Systems

I usually do use the "egg"- but no 560ti at this price with free game. Interesting that you are in my area- I wonder if we have met. I know a "TJ" in another hobby of mine= Saltwater aquariums- if you are him - PM me.

Ah, I see. Didn't really look at what you were buying. :p And no, MY other hobby is DJing.

Thanks Mr. Clown- saved me and extra $15 cash - Win7 ordered. . Uhgggg. trying to decide on the gpu is proving difficult- Have decided to break up my 2- 5770's - using 1 in the older AMD 965 build, and 1 for the 2500k build in the this thread. Still deciding on a GPU for the other new 2500k PC that I recently built that can overclock with the 600watt modular OCZ PSU. I keep going back and forth between the 570 down to 560ti (448core) to the regular 560ti ,then start thinking 6950 2gb.... the setup uses a 50" HD plasma for the monitor. Will not go to a multiple monitor setup. Reading the reviews on the EGG it is hard to tell if anybody knows what they are talking about or just like to talk/complain. Example - "if the GPU's HDMI output is a mini -then the GPU it is not made well" - is that true? Trying to stay under $300 - but I know you get what you pay for so will to go higher if it will make any difference. So, I guess res is limited to 1080P as that is the max on the TV. Ready to purchase Skyrim, already play BF3, anxiously awaiting Mass Effect 3.

Q: Example - "if the GPU's HDMI output is a mini -then the GPU it is not made well" - is that true?

A: what is ignorance?

Well I kinda figured that- but wasn't really sure and that was the most glaring comment that I used as an example. Still torn whether to go "better" to a 448 core, a 570 or 6970 or just be happy with the regular 560ti. How much, if any, actual functional difference would it make to upgrade from the 560ti to one of those other cards?

Received the GPU today- no Mini HDMI to regular HDMI converter, no SLI/Crossfire cable. Hmm..... Nice fast free shipping though.

Send e-mail to MSI directly and also had a "chat" with new egg= Blake confirmed that they should have been included in the MSI box- the retail box was not taped on either end of the box - I wonder if someone helped themselves......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom