so I'm new

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupus

Solid State Member
Right I'm new here I decided to join as I build and repair pcs as a hobby. Currently I'm a student and therefore don't really buy many pc components but I do get the odd bit off a local recycling network to upgrade (or break in most cases). Well that's about it for my intro.

Welcome to the Forum. You mentioned recycling. Is that like a website where you can pic and choose or do you get what you get and dont throw a fit?

Haven been on pc yet using on my ATM. And the recycling site i use is free cycle its a get whats available But its entirely free. Some of the pcs and components I have received from free cycle have been a bit dated but a few were fairly new. The free hardware is what I practiced building pcs on before I invested in more expensive new components.

Not a pick and choose website unfortunately but I get lucky occasionally. I actually used parts from it to practice pc building

Its called frecycle and is a posting board well actually a collection of yahoo groups and other posting board in the UK dont know about elsewhere though.

Welcome to the Forums. I had a Mate the other day, who has just told is about Free Cycle here in the UK, never heard of it before, like just in the last 3 Days aswell. I checked the Local area, and it seems a good site to Recycle what you dont need and their was some pritty Good Stuff their aswell, being given away. It looks a good Place to start on the Practice of Building a PC.. :D

Yeah I practiced on a few old ones then bought the parts for my gaming PC. I still have the odd bit off there but i live in a rural part of the uk so there's not too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom