Could one of the Administrators who does the coding for TF check somethings please ?

-RockMan-

Banned
I do not know whats going on, but chrome has warned me for 6th time about certificates on your main page when I visit.

http://www.techist.com, after hitting reload 2 or 3 times, I finally get in and the paid ads you have are carrying around uneeded bloatware.

NOD32 v5.0 picked up on a few of the banners in OC help sub-forum and windows help sub-forum.
I let MSSENTIALs take a quick sniff while surfing around this weekend and it blocked some stuff in here.
I know you guys are plenty busy with other stuff, when you have a chance have a look around the forum and see if anything I mentioned comes up similiar.

Did this ever happen to you before, Mike? Could be just your AV getting used to the new packets being thrown at it... *shrug*

The easy answer: Don't go on the main page. :lol: j/k j/k

Hmm this is pretty serious so could everyone reading this please chime in if you have seen any activity like this too? I just browsed around a bit and have not got any ESET alerts as of yet. Still looking.

Nothing here but I use Firefox with several security extensions and MSE.

Using Chrome as well (up to date as 16.0.912.75 m) without any plug-ins/extensions/etc.
Haven't had any cert issues, but also never been to techist.com until you linked it.

Everything is running normally for me in the forums, home page (/pc/content), and on your link.

I have visited the page using Chrome, Canary and Chromium with MSE installed. No Cert errors nor any other problems. This is an issue with one of the extensions he has installed or a combination of extensions messing with Eset.

It could also be the fact that he has Eset AND MSE installed. Causing double negatives. Since MSE doesnt have a on demand scanner which means both would have to be installed causing the 2 programs to have conflicts.

I have visited the site using Opera, Opera Next, Safari, IE 9, IE 9 x64, IE 10, Firefox Alpha, Firefox Beta, Firefox final as well as Maxathon. So far over a dozen browsers used with that exact page and not a single problem for me.

Just a thought, but Mike's cert list may have been out of date. I've had that happen before.

I have visited the page using Chrome, Canary and Chromium with MSE installed. No Cert errors nor any other problems. This is an issue with one of the extensions he has installed or a combination of extensions messing with Eset.

It could also be the fact that he has Eset AND MSE installed. Causing double negatives. Since MSE doesnt have a on demand scanner which means both would have to be installed causing the 2 programs to have conflicts.

I have visited the site using Opera, Opera Next, Safari, IE 9, IE 9 x64, IE 10, Firefox Alpha, Firefox Beta, Firefox final as well as Maxathon. So far over a dozen browsers used with that exact page and not a single problem for me.

You are partially correct about me having both AV installed, but I have MSE disabled partially.
Also I did a run again with chrome and apparently the cert problem has stopped, however eset keeps blocking out some ads with some nonsense leading to other false ip addresses in it while reading some posts around the forum.

Anyway, I Just wanted to be sure of it and make you guys aware of what I'm seing, I know you guys have taken TF through some changes and tried to fix somethings, but it still isn't perfectly normal like it use to be.

I have ESET and not getting any messages.. Been trying logged in and out with several different browsers...

Back
Top Bottom