Acer Aspire Sound Driver Win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud22923

Beta member
I have a Acer Aspire 5580 I looked on the Acer web site and they don't have the driver for windows 7 for the sound on there.
The sound in it is so pose to be a Real Tech but I tried downloading the one for it off of the Real Tech web site they have the driver for Windows 7 but I tried install it and it still dos not work.
Anyone have a answer for me on what I can do to get the sound working on my Laptop?

You mean RealTek? Try looking here for drivers. Realtek

Try using the Vista drivers. They may work for Windows 7 as well.

I can't see where they say that it is a RealTek. But try the above.

I tried that I downloaded it and installed it and still no sound.
If you go to the Acer web site and go to drivers for Acer Aspire 5580 that's where it shows that it has Realtek sound in it.
Here is the web site for Acer where it shows it.
Click Here.

I tried the one from Acer and then I tried the driver from realtek.com still can not get it to work so I formated the computer and put windows vista in it and I am running into the same problem.
Like I said I went to the Acer web site and went to the model laptop I have and it says it's a realtek so I don't know why it's not working.
The AC'97 codecs.

Well, then you were maybe downloading the wrong ones? Are you running an x64 or x32 7/Vista? Did you, perhaps, let Windows Update find the driver needed? May not be the most recent, but it may work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom