Am I Screwed!?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

play2lose

In Runtime
ok......I have a 6800 nu.......i just volt modded it to 1.5v from 1.4

it has been running fine......today i was playing MoH:pacific assault and my comp shutdown

i turned it on and my neon lights just flashed and the comp was on for a sec then it shut back off......

now the only way to get it up is if i unplug the molex connector from my vid card......but thats a problem because i cant see anything...lol

ok....so i dont think my vid card burnt out becuase it doesnt smell like it and it still runs...when i unplug the molex connector it runs and everything

so....im thinking my PSU just cant handle the 1.5.v and that wil have to replace it.......so what should i do...get like a 450w PSU...or will that stil not fix the problem.....

thankyou for your time

i think psu, maybe something burnt out in it, or its just not enough and the psu didnt get taxed til you played that game. but why risk it go for amassive psu

"Do'h!!..."

You really screwed up this time!! :amazed: :eek: :confused: Try removing the CMOS battery from the MoBo. (Circular silver battery thing.) Then try to start up the computer, wait 10 seconds, turn it off, put the battery back in, and pray to God that it did something. Hopefilly, somone else knows a different way to erase the BIOS\CMOS memmory cache. :confused: ....Anyone?? :cool:

yeah..................i pulled the cmos battery and tried starting up and it still just turned on for a second and went right back off......sounds like a faulty psu

what size and brand psu do you have. if it was some inexpensive noname off brand then it probably has bad rails. i had similar probs where my vid card wasn't getting enough power and would not get signal to monitor.

its not the cpu....because if i unplug the biggest psu hog.....my graphic card......everything boot up fine

im going to circuit city soon.....ill get a 400w or more psu and report back later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom