Asus K8V Deluxe Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3000 w/heatsink
Kingston Value RAM 3x256MB(768)RAM
Seagate 80GB IDE Ultra ATA133 Hard Drive
ATI Radeon 9800PRO 256MB 8x AGP
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Plantium
Plextor DVD-RW/CD-RW
Sony floppy Disk Drive
Linksys Wireless G PCI Card (for internet)

I am reusing my old hp monitor "view sonic" 17inch CRT and also my old keyboard,mouse,and speakers

I'm building this computer for basically gaming...any opinions or advice would be appreciated
:)

"ValueRack..."

If you Overclocked the ram to 768, you will need to underclock it before it starts exploding like fire crackers! j\k :p ;) you could use sommore stuff to cool it down. you know; Fans, Thermal stuff, (Just a suggestion ;) ) :cool:

Not too shabby....will play games such as Far Cry, Doom 3, and HL2. However, I would upgrade the RAM to either Kingston HyperX or Corsair XMS PC3200. I would also get 1GB of it. Not 768MB.

if you plan on playing online games i wouldnt recommend wireless internet, my friend has wireless and lag spikes when playing cs. you should also just go with 1 gig of kingston rather than taking up 3 slots with 256's.

about the wirelss internet thing i wouldn't have much choice since i use dsl through a router and its in my sister's room...unless i buy a real long ethernet line....but thanks for the suggestions anyway guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom