First Computer Build (in Germany)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, thanks for pointing that out - I see that now.

I'm just concerned that my processor will then become the weak point in my computer. What do you think?

I can buy from Amazon, but when I add it up it's always more expensive than if I buy from one.de. With each new configuration I lay out, I check and see what it would cost if I bought the parts elsewhere. As I said, the disadvantage is that I am limited as to which parts I can get.

There are just so many possible configurations - hrm, I'm doing some more research. So 4x 2.7 Ghz is going to be enough? I really need to put more money into the graphics card?

I just checked on Amazon again and it came out more expensive again...

Here is the new build that I'm thinking of - it comes out to be $770

Asgard Casing
500 Watt Silverstone Strider PSU
Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 (Chipset:AMD 970/SB950/ATX)
AMD FX-4100 4x 3.6 GHz
8192MB DDR3 Kingston Dual Channel 1600MHz (PC3-12800)(2x 4GB)
1024 MB AMD Radeon HD 6850, DVI, HDMI
22x DVD+-RW Double Layer Burner/Driver
1000 GB SATA III, 7200rpm, 32MB

1. I can get "Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 (Chipset: AMD 970/SB950/ATX)" and "MSI 880GMA-E35 (Chipset: AMD 880G/mATX" for the same price - which should I get?

That's my only question for now, other than general comments and suggestions - thanks for the help!

From my experience in building hundreds of computers, Gigabyte have the highest stability rate so I'd go with the first. A few more features on the GA board anyway.

I can buy from Amazon, but when I add it up it's always more expensive than if I buy from one.de. With each new configuration I lay out, I check and see what it would cost if I bought the parts elsewhere. As I said, the disadvantage is that I am limited as to which parts I can get.

There are just so many possible configurations - hrm, I'm doing some more research. So 4x 2.7 Ghz is going to be enough? I really need to put more money into the graphics card?

I just checked on Amazon again and it came out more expensive again...

Here is the new build that I'm thinking of - it comes out to be $770

Asgard Casing
500 Watt Silverstone Strider PSU
Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 (Chipset:AMD 970/SB950/ATX)
AMD FX-4100 4x 3.6 GHz
8192MB DDR3 Kingston Dual Channel 1600MHz (PC3-12800)(2x 4GB)
1024 MB AMD Radeon HD 6850, DVI, HDMI
22x DVD+-RW Double Layer Burner/Driver
1000 GB SATA III, 7200rpm, 32MB

1. I can get "Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 (Chipset: AMD 970/SB950/ATX)" and "MSI 880GMA-E35 (Chipset: AMD 880G/mATX" for the same price - which should I get?

That's my only question for now, other than general comments and suggestions - thanks for the help!

I'd say the Gigabyte based on features, but the MSI based on bad experiences with Gigabyte. Their RMA process, it SUCKS. Almost non-existent. I don;t know how good MSI's is, maybe someone else does?

From my experience in building hundreds of computers, Gigabyte have the highest stability rate so I'd go with the first. A few more features on the GA board anyway.

Glad you've had good luck with Gigabyte. From my experience, I'd recommend MSI, and that's only in this situation. Normally I'd say Asus, but that's pretty out of the question with the budget restraints.

I agree with tj_extreme, if you happen to have a problem, Gigabyte offers the worse support and their RMA policy is awful. I've only bought one Gigabyte product in my life and it is and will be the last.

gigabyte.jpg

Source

Slaymate:1955361 said:
I agree with tj_extreme, if you happen to have a problem, Gigabyte offers the worse support and their RMA policy is awful. I've only bought one Gigabyte product in my life and it is and will be the last.

gigabyte.jpg

Source

Thanks Slay, I didn't want people thinking I was a fanboy.. Gigabyte is just an awful manufacturer, and should be avoided if at all possible.

I never had a problem with Gigabyte. But, I put ASUS at the highest. I had to send many things back to them for RMA. I got it back within 2 weeks. Also, rebates are fast, too. Just look at my sig...

Well this might resolve the whole mainboard issue. A friend of mine suggested that I forgot about the AMD 4100 and instead get an Intel i5 2500K... is that really worth the investment? Between the better GPU and CPU I'll have almost doubled what I expected to spend XD

Perhaps the 2500K will become more affordable after they release Ivy Bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom