1st Build, Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am assisting GrantL (my son) in this build, but unfortunately I too am new to the build process...so we've installed the CORSAIR PSU recommended here...and have only one stick of RAM in...everything else is carefully in sung and tight...STILL NO MOBO POST?

Here's what happens upon power on: mostly a whole lot of nothing...all fans run, one red LED light on Mobo, no Mobo LED number indicator.

What should we be looking for? Do you think the MOBO could be DOA?

Again, noooobs here, please help, thx!

Please have a look at this link here and check out some stuff on your motherboard ?

PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems! - New-System-Build - Homebuilt-Systems
Is your cpu fan hooked up, check to make sure if your onboard is only default for now.
Next likemind said, most mistakes can begin with mixing up the 8 pin pci-x connector for the atx 4 pin connector.
Check it and make sure its hooked up fine, since you say there is red light, make sure your pc is not "screwed in to the case itself...
If so put it back on the mounts and line it up and screw in properly.

If all the above I mention does not work even with memory modules loaded in correctly, please contact the motherboard company and begin the rma process with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom