First Computer Build (in Germany)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TenZGya

Solid State Member
Okay, so I'll just get to the nitty-gritty. This is my shopping list for my new desktop:

-500 Watt Power Supply, OEM, normal loudness
-MSI 880GMA-E35 (Chipset AMD 880G/mATX)
-AMD FX-4100 4x 3.6 GHz
-4096MB DDR3 Kingston Dual Channel 1600MHz (PC3-12800)
-1024 MB AMD Radeon HD 6670, VGA, DVI, HDMI
-22x DVD+-RW Double Layer Burner Drive
-500 GB SATA III, 7200rpm, 16MB
-Standard ATX "Design Casing"
-Logitech K120 black USB Keyboard
-AOC F22+ 54.6 cm (21.5 inch) widescreen TFT Monitor (VGA, reaction time 5ms)

And here are a few questions:

-Is the 500 Watt power supply going to be enough? (also, will it be so loud that I'm going to want to rip my hair out?)
-Is this cheap motherboard going to hold my computer back?
-Quad-core is enough... isn't it? Not time to go to 6 and 8 core machines, right?
-4 GB or 8 GB of 1600 MHz memory?
-This is one of the better graphics cards for the money, right?
-That monitor is so cheap, I'm skeptical - anyone had personal experiences with it?

Thank you in advance for your time and thought

Most modern PSU's are quite quiet. Your case fans would be louder. Well, when you have 5 in your case... :p
500W should be fine for your setup, however, get a good brand of PSU, or you endanger all your components. Look at Antec, Corsair, OCZ.

That board isn't really cheap. It should be fine with the rest of your system.

Quad Core is enough for any game. They don't go above 4 cores.

I'd go with 8GB of RAM. It's price is only like $10-15 more than 4GB. Double the RAM for so little.

Not sure on the graphics, wait for someone else.

I have no experience with AOC. I'd rather get an Acer. They are relatively cheap, but put out good stuff.

Where are you buying this? On Newegg, the board is deactivated.

What's your budget, and where are you going to buy from? Your in Germany, so unless your military and can send to an APO, I think Newegg is out.
but I do agree, there are better cards out there, hence the money question
MoM also is right... 8GB is better than 4. :p

Yeah, you're right. I can't buy from Newegg because I'm in Germany (also limits me on my brands). I also have a deal set up with a dealer and can get parts really cheap, but I'm limited as to what I can get.

I can upgrade from OEM to a higher quality unit (extra $10) from BeQuiet, but it would only have 350 Watts - is that enough? Or should I get a Silverstone 500 Watts for an extra $35? I unfortunately can't get Antec, Corsair, or OCZ from my supplier - just OEM, BeQuiet, and Silverstone.

Talyor: I mostly do strategy games with lower graphic demands, so I thought of it as better to put money into my processor instead of my graphics card (the logic there is solid, right? strategy games are heavier on the processor?) Awww, I'd kill for that deal! I should have bought some parts while I was at home in the US over Christmas!

So far, my tab is around $700 (minus the monitor) if I get everything as mentioned below (plus wires, casing, and everything else), but add more RAM (2x 4GB 1600 Mhz). I'd like to stay around that amount.

Back home in Indiana - we don't even have a sales tax for online purchases - this would be soooo much cheaper, I think, if I did it there... but I would never be able to get through customs with a whole desktop without paying German taxes :(

Thanks for your suggestions!:)

What about this monitor?

Acer G225HQVBD 54.6 cm (21.5 Inch) Widescreen TFT-Monitor (DVI/VGA, 5ms Reaction-time)

I would suggest the Silverstone myself
Maybe you can look at something like the 6850? Good range GPU and it'll be good for future games if you so decide to play a FPS
Maybe even the 550 ti?

SilverStone is good. OEM and BeQuite are bad.

Might want to tell us where you are ordering from, so we aren't just guessing.

I have the G235H, and love it. So you should expect as much. Same model, just a different screen size.

(BTW, don't double post, use the edit button.)

@ Nukem - You were ninja'd on the 6850. Taylor said it long before you. :p

Okay, getting a better brand PSU is probably worth it.

I could get 2 6570's for a 1/4 as much as the 6850. And I'll have to get a bigger casing if I want to go up to the 6850 or the 550... What about the 6770 or 6790?

Thanks for the tip on the monitor - I'd have probably eventually regretted getting the super cheap monitor.

Well, at this point it seems like I'll be ordering it from one.de - a friend recommended it to me - I can't find anywhere where I a better deal in Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom