Choppy picture when streaming from my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagelred

In Runtime
When I stream something like NBA League Pass or Hulu on my desktop computer, looks fine. Picture is clear and "smooth".

However, when I try to stream from my LAPTOP to my HDTV thru HDMI. The video is choppy.....in other words, as if there aren't enough frames per second. So its not a "smooth" video...whatever the correct term would be. Are the laptop specifications simply not good enough for video playback? Or is settings not right? Or is it my DSL?

Desktop is wired to my DSL connection. Laptop is wireless.

Intel® Celeron® processor 925
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M
2 GB DDR3 Memory
320 GB HDD
Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system preinstalled

Verizon DSL 3.0/768

Any ideas what to do to stream better?..........Thanks..........

It might improve it if your laptop was on ethernet, directly connected to your modem/router.

Hmmmmmmm........I guess I'll have to get an extra long ethernet cable.........does everyone have that problem with wireless? Or is that my DSL is just too slow......as compared to cable/fios...etc.

Wifi is a different technology from DSL / ADSL, the modem your or your ISP have supplied just happens to have it added to make life more convenient for you to use.

What I would do to improve the signal quality is go into the routers config page and change the settings for wifi, set a static channel, set it to a dedicated operating mode like G only rather than B/G mixed etc. Also placement of the router has a huge part to play if it's right next to a wireless phone that also operates in the 2.4Ghz spectrum your going to have interference, same goes for faulty electrical sockets or low vaultage transformers.

You could also try updating your laptops WiFi card drivers, because not all problems are with the 2.4Ghz spectrum it's self some times it's just a bad or low quality driver causing the issues.

What I would do to improve the signal quality is go into the routers config page and change the settings for wifi, set a static channel, set it to a dedicated operating mode like G only rather than B/G mixed etc.

Thanks for info. But I would need someone to hold my hand thru this. I haven't slightest idea how to do this.

Didn't work. I got a long ethernet wire. Hooked wire from DSL modem to laptop. Hook up laptop to TV thru HDMI. BEFORE I hook up HDMI to TV, picture seems fine. Streams ok just on laptop, watching Hulu for example. When I hook up HDMI, the picture does not play smoothly on TV and looks worse on PC as well.

Any other suggestions?

You know, actually the straming both on PC and TV is much better in smaller screen. When I put it in "full screen" mode, the stream deteriorates. And hard to watch. ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom