Help me with my fisrt build and if it would work

Status
Not open for further replies.
bro, if you are swapping out the motherboard... you might as well pick out the parts out individually yourself.
just ask Taylor if he regrets buying a cyberpower unit. :)

Why would you suggest the 2nd one? :eek: and what is the diffrence from 6850 and a 6850 IceQx ? and do u suggest to get GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard to replace it? O:

I would go with the second one because it has more ram, a better video card and it's cheaper.

The 6850 IceQx has a better heatsink.

Why buy a pre-built computer if your going to replace the motherboard, just build your own computer from the get go and save some cash with a better system.

Re: Just need a lil help

What exactly are you asking? If the mobo/PSU support the 6950? Well, the mobo does, but not in Crossfirex, before you ask, since I believe you've had more than one thread regarding this desktop. Which is against the Forum rules. And, the 6950 requires a 500w PSU minimum. So you won't have much headroom. And I can't seem to find out what model that PSU is, for the price of the desktop, I'm going to assume it's a cheap no name, and it may not even have the connectors required for the card.

SO would u advise me to get another power supply for the desktop? if so can you give me a link please?

As said above, if you are buying that pre-made system, changing out the board, gfx, and PSU, you are way better of buying the parts separately and building it yourself.

but if i do that isnt that like more work plus i have to buy all the programs for the computer? o: and ill just keep the board just new card and PSU

Building a computer isn't work. It's an experience. You get great pleasure out of building it yourself, and beat the hell out of that pre-made crap.

You'll need new drivers for the new card as well. So its not really connect it and go.

what parts would you suggest i use if im going to build a computer from the ground to around 600-700$ AMD build <3 :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom