Buying mid-range laptop. Amazing deal? Yes/No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RossNews

Baseband Member
A friend of mine plays BF3 with that GPU just fine...and he put $1,099 into that laptop; I say its a great deal, go for it!

Edit: I talked to him today and he plays on low settings and gets around 30(ish) fps on BF3. (On a Dell XPS 15)

This is essentially the same laptop as my sons ASUS- he loaded BF3 and could play for a little while - then it crashes. We tried everything - websites say it will play, but no go. Still, we payed $600 so for the same laptop so $450 is a great deal - but I would not expect it to play BF3 or Skyrim.

Ok so I ended up buying it. Total was 670$, but since I had 50$ raincheck and 320$ in coupons it came out to only $300.02!

So far I haven't done to much on it.

SKYRIM - Highest settings @ 45-60 FPS.
BF3 - Medium settings @60+ fps with a slight drop to 50-55 if there are large explosions.
- High settings @30-40fps which is unbelievable (20-25 drops)
- Ultra settings @barely playable... but not at all.

Best bang for the buck.

The ONLY downside so far is that when I play a video or stream youtube there are sometimes pauses in the sound which causes one of those long megatron screems. But that only comes up once every couple of hours.

great deal mate. thanks for the info. u really saved some money there!
as soon I get my new rig I'm definitely going public with my fps from skyrim and bf3 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom