HELP/WIRELESS IS SCREWY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSince84

Beta member
OK so i just moved in with a roommate who is APPLE to my PC. We hooked the internet up and connected it to the APPLE AIRPORT wireless router. No issues, i get online i can go to any pages i want and even watch Netflix. BUT here is the bad part, for some reason i cant access HULU and it says something about proxy (i am at work and not home to see what it really says im sorry) and asks me to change the proxy settings. I tried hooking my laptop straight to the modem and WALLA! IT WORKS! So it seems to not work when connecting wireless through the AIRPORT. My roommate checked the settings on his mac and he has no idea why and i should say even with his mac he cannot connect to HULU. Please help as i LOVE HULU!!!!

Jerid

I'm not familiar with airport, but it might be some proxy setting he put up without knowing. Could be your firewall, now that I'm thinking of it. Try turning off your Firewall/Anti-Virus and see if it will connect.

I'm not familiar with airport, but it might be some proxy setting he put up without knowing. Could be your firewall, now that I'm thinking of it. Try turning off your Firewall/Anti-Virus and see if it will connect.

I will certainly try that when i get home. I am not sure if that is the problem tho since i am able to connect when i go straight through the modem rather than wireless. EVERYTHING works wireless, even the free streaming sites i use for tv. the only thing that doesnt work is HULU. He went through his settings for the AIRPORT and went into the proxy setting but nothing was there he could click on. I gave him the IT # to Apple so hopefully he calls and gets that fixed but he hasnt so i was looking for answers elsewhere

If it says proxy, there might be something going on more than the airport. Our school actually has a proxy system on the middle school's one to one system, and they can not look at sites deemed "non-academic". Your roomate wouldn't by any chance have any left over blocking programs that his mom might have used when he was little? One more thing, When you go to hulu, does it sort of refresh and change the link? if it does, paste the link in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom