HDTV Hookup

Status
Not open for further replies.

skullknight10

Baseband Member
I just bought a new 1080p LED HDTV and want to hook up my Xbox 360 to it with the best quality picture. Can I use an HDMI cord or does it have to be a Component HD-AV Cable? If I can use both types of cords which gives off a better quality picture on the TV?

Doesnt really matter, most of the xbox 360s on the market dont actually support up to 1080p on games, max it can do is 1080i on dvds.

people will dispute this, but its true. just look on the back of all of your games, they'll all say primarily 720p. I got the same quality through the HD-avi cables as the xbox VGA adapter i used to connect to my old CRT (was a pretty damn good CRT though)

If you want to see real quality, go ps3 but yeah :p

edit: but i have noticed slightly better colour vividity on the same monitor through different cable means, but i dont think the quality was noticeably different

AND people will moan, exert from wiki:
Xbox 360 Core

The Xbox 360 Core was an entry level Xbox 360 which was later replaced with the "Arcade". Although available at launch in other regions, it was not available in Japan until November 2, 2006.[51] The Core system came bundled with composite video cables, capable of only SDTV resolutions. It was however capable of the same HDTV resolutions (up to 1080i) as the other models when connected to a separately sold component cable. In October 2006, 1080p support was added for all models in a system update,[52] including the "Core" using either the component cable, or the new VGA cable (although 1080p via component was not widely supported by televisions). It may also utilize a separately sold Xbox 360 hard drive. Unlike all other SKUs, it shipped with a wired version of the Xbox 360 controller, instead of the wireless version found in other SKUs.

check the back of your games still, i bet im right ;)

Hooking PC to HDTV for the First Time

I just bought a 37" 1080p LCD HDTV yesterday and im trying to hook it up to my PC so I can watch movies that are stored on my hard drive. I connected the HDMI cord from my video card to the HDMI-1 port on the TV and it shows my desktop wallpaper but that's it. When I open Media Player classic and start a movie nothing comes up on the TV. It's just the image of my wallpaper. Can anyone help?

The xbox will upscale games that use lower resolutions, also, there is one key difference, digital audio, instead of regular old left/right audio, and less cables in the end.

Re: Hooking PC to HDTV for the First Time

Windows XP or 7?

you need to go into the display settings and alter the dual display as the computer is currently setting your TV as an extended version of your desktop. you should be able to drag things over to it.

Re: Hooking PC to HDTV for the First Time

It's Windows 7. Go to the settings in my TV or Computer? Yeah I was also wondering how I can get it so that it's a full screen on my TV. Cause it's just showing a space in the middle of my TV that is the size of the monitor screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom