Looking for the ABSOLUTE best Laptop Cooler for my needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwichtenberg

Solid State Member
Hey guys,
I like to game on my ASUS, but I'm getting worried about how hot it's getting, even WITH my current laptop cooler.

Idle heats: (Speccy and Speedfan)
CPU1: 59C
Core2: 60C
Graphics/hard drives: 40-50C

On load heats:
CPU1: 75+C
Core2: 79+C
Graphics/hard drives: 60-70C

I'm hoping someone who is familiar with the setup of an ASUS laptop can help me out with the selection of the best laptop cooler for my needs (taking into consideration the location of the vents, GPU, hotspots, etc)

All help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

What I have:
ASUS N53S- V
Processor: Intel Core i7 @ 2.0GHz
4GM RAM, 750Gb HDD
1GB dedicated video card (Nvidia Geforce GT540M)

All laptop coolers are universal. Not one is made for a said laptop. There are several out there. I'd recommend the CoolerMaster models.

Seconded, many versions of the coolermaster line allow you to remove the fans and put them where you need them on the cooler as different chassis have different intake vents for air.

the intake vents on the Dell inspiron range are terrible, and i have one with a dedicated GPU.

But I have still yet to find a decent hardcore cooler, those cooelrmaster ones still have sucky fans which power from usb, which just generated more heat when fired up from a laptop.

I live in england and all the hardcore ones arnt available here anymore :(

All laptop coolers are universal. Not one is made for a said laptop. There are several out there. I'd recommend the CoolerMaster models.

I currently have a CoolerMaster V2, with 2 movable fans. As Mindovermaster stated, it IS run by USB, and i'm still running anywhere from 70-80C! Which seems rather high to me.

I mean, granted, it IS an i7 so it will run higher. but 80C? Thats outrageous!

Anyone have any recommendations of maybe an AV powered GOOD laptop cooler?

I've looked into the Zalman NC2000, the Cryo LX, and the Cooler Master storm SF.
Comments?

The Cryo LX was my first choice after seeing the reviews and layout, unfortunatly its just not available where i am now lol

Could you tell me why you decided on the Cryo LX? Any support would be much appreciated.
The NC2000 or the CoolerMaster, to me, seems to be in favor over the Cryo

I've since thoroughly cleaned out the dust. Haven't tried the paste yet. Will I need to? This is a relatively new laptop. (5 months)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom