i5 2500K Overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
Finally got Windows set up and working with my SSD, now it's time to do some overclocking!

I've heard that overclocking Sandy Bridge CPU's is different than the previous generation, and that you overclock my changing the multiplier now instead of the front side bus and that's why it's best to get a CPU with a "K" at the end of it so you can overclock better. I'm not 100% sure that's what your supposed to do though, so I'm not sure where to start.

So how should I go about overclocking this CPU?

I've increased my multiplier to 45, and increased my vcore to 1.3v and it seems to be running stable. I'm letting LinX run while I'm in class from 3-5, if it passes those tests then I'll see what else I can do.

Keep your eyes on your temperatures. Some people say the low 80C are safe but I recommend keeping them in the low to mid 70C range max at 100% load especially if your going to use the pc for folding. The Xigmatek is way better than stock but it wouldn't be my 1st choice, I think 4.6 to 4.7GHz is probably going to max your temps out. But I could be wrong, you are in Maine so it's a little cooler than Florida.

And when Denver beats the Patriots I'll expect a picture of you in a #15 Broncos jersey Tebowing :thumbsup:

Keep your eyes on your temperatures. Some people say the low 80C are safe but I recommend keeping them in the low to mid 70C range max at 100% load especially if your going to use the pc for folding. The Xigmatek is way better than stock but it wouldn't be my 1st choice, I think 4.6 to 4.7GHz is probably going to max your temps out. But I could be wrong, you are in Maine so it's a little cooler than Florida.

And when Denver beats the Patriots I'll expect a picture of you in a #15 Broncos jersey Tebowing :thumbsup:

I ran LinX for about 5 hours and the highest temperature that I got was 65ºC. I'm going to up the multiplier and see what happens. Also, what are safe voltages for my components? I'm at 1.3v now is that to high?

If I remember correctly the Patriots already beat Denver, in Denver. Do you really think the Bronco's stand much of a chance in Foxboro now that the Patriots have Denver's former head coach on their staff who knows the Bronco's inside and out? I will say that Tebow is a great player and Denver is a good team, I'd rather Denver win it all than any other team if the Patriots fail to go the distance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom