Computer sleep issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneEyedEd

Baseband Member
Hey, so i have a problem.

I just built a computer and every time it falls asleep and the monitor and what not go into power save mode and the power button is blinking, I try and start the computer back up by either hitting the space bar or hitting the power button and the computer seems to do a restart. Not only that but the monitor, keyboard, mouse don't turn back on with it. It's like everything is dead. I need to turn off the power supply or unplug the power cord then hit the power button and everything works after that. I tried googling this but I didn't have much luck, any help would be great thanks.

Specs:
Corsair HX850W
ASUS Sabertooth P67
MSI GTX570
i5-2500k
Crusial M4 128gb SSD
2TB WD 7200RPM 64MB
Corsair 8gb Vengence RAM 1600
ASUS PCE-N15 wifi card.

Make sure Hibernation is enabled.

Start Menu > Type cmd > Right-Click the cmd Icon > Run as Administrator > Type powercfg -h on > Hit ENTER > Type exit > Hit ENTER

Have you updated your bios to the latest version?

Are you overclocking? If the overclock is slightly unstable the sudden change in the power-state could be crashing the system.

Thanks for the help!

MindoverMaster: I have no idea what AS5 standby is, I looked all over my bios and didn't see anything like that. If you're asking if I enabled it, I doubt it; I didn't change much in the bios other than the performance option (to high) on the ez mode page of the EFI bios, boot priorities and some SATA settings to trouble shoot a broken hard drive.

Slaymate: I tryed the powercfg, no dice. I havnt updated to the latest bios (i've never done that before but the motherboard software comes with a bios update feature, looks straight forward). And no I'm not overclocking anything. Everything should be the way it was out of the box!

I guess I'll try updating my bios and see if that gets me anywhere, thanks for the continued help guys!

Yeah that's the problem, It's taking me a little while to adjust to the new BIOS. I'll do some more research and looking around and get back to you with an answer! Thanks again!

Hey, just wanted to tell you guys. I finally got around to updating my BIOS and the problem seems to be gone!!! Thanks a lot for the time and help!

P.S. I never could find that thing in the BIOS lol.

AHH never mind I was wrong!! Okay so I went out and put the computer on sleep came back an hour later and it did it again! As soon as I hit the space bar or power button it starts up then shuts down then starts up again. No peripherals work at all. If I wait a minute and hit the restart button it does the same thing. It restarts starts up shuts down then starts again with the peripherals still not working. I need to unplug it wait 10 seconds and plug it back in and everything is fine after that.

I prob just repeated everything again but what the heck this is starting to bug me lol. I updated the bios to the latest version and I still cant cant that AS5. That's my next project, see if I can find the bugger. In the mean time any other ideas till I can find the thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom