document editing of scanned document?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teachingtn

Beta member
I am a teacher in Tennessee and I need to find a software that will enable me to edit and change a scanned document. I have some old tests and worksheets that I inherited from the teacher that had my room before me. I would like to make some minor changes to the documents without having to retype the entire set of documents. (Things like change the date and the teacher name on the heading, etc...)

Is there a software out there that will allow me to scan a document in and then alter it? These are not copyrighted materials, so that is not an issue.

Preferably, I would like a freeware or shareware or trial version of something to make sure I can navigate it before I shell out a chunk of cash to purchase something.

As a teacher, it is important to me that my materials look professionally done, so I would prefer to edit them on a computer rather than use white out and pen.

thank you so much
teach

SOULphIRE,
Thank you so much for your informative reply. I have looked at the page you provided and it will prove very helpful as I begin editing these documents. I appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge with me.
teach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom