560ti overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mischa

Just Epic.
the core clock of my 560ti is 880mhz and shader clock is 1760mhz.

When playing on ultra on skyrim i notice tiny flickers, its not that noticeable but i want to get rid of it.

Seeing as though i have never overclocked anything i was wondering if i should be careful when changing the settings around. On the msi afterburner program you can just slide the bars for the core and shader clock up, what should i move it up to? and is there a certain ratio you should follow? do i have to change core voltage if changing clock speeds?

thanks for any help. :)

Before I overclocked the card I would make sure to update all of my drivers, not just the graphics drivers. I may be wrong but the 560 Ti should be able to run Skyrim like butter, especially with a 2500K behind it.

Tiny flickers? What are your gpu temps when you see these flickers? I don't think overclocking your card is going to help with flickers. It sounds more like a 1) heat issue or 2) a driver bug.

updated the drivers, its gone now. 59 was the max temp but it stayed around 45-50 at 55% fan speed

but for future reference what would i have to do?

Download and install EVGA Precision. It allows you to overclock your Nvidia GPU super easy. You will have to play around with the card to find your maxes. My GTX 260 had a max stable shader speed of 1440 (shaders are used for Folding); I overclocked the memory a bit, too, but I don't recall to what. I left my GPU clocks alone so I don't know what the max would have been on it.

You can use Furmark to test your overclock as well as to find your max temps.

My overclock.
core voltage 1050mv
core 1000mhz
shader clock 2000mhz
memory clock 2350mhz
max temp 60 degrees ^^^ using msi kombustor

how do i de attach the images, they are too small

Attachments

• gggg.jpg
    gggg.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 211
  • gggg.jpg