Graphics Card Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amd2800

Daemon Poster
Right Guys

I Had A ATI HD6950 2gb DDR5 Card For Christmas . Only Decided To Put It In The Computer Yesterday

Reason Being Had To RMA My Motherboard Due To Being Faulty So When Out And Brought A new Motherboard yesterday

Specs Are

Intel I5 2500 @ 3.3Ghz
8GB DDR3 1333mhz Dual Channel
ASUS P8Z68 1155 Motherboard
1TB Sata 2 HDD
Powercolour ATI HD6950 With Peltier Cooler ( Standard ) Graphics Card
OCZ 600Watt PSU

Problems Are . I Installed All The Motherboard And CPu / Memory Etc Into the case and then put the graphics card in . and installed Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 Fine And Then Installed All The Up to Date Drivers - And Then Installed Call Of Duty 4 . And After a few seconds of playing . i would loose display and the card would power down ... but can still hear the game . running or sumtimes the pc will freeze But After A While PC Started Running Slow So I Put My Old Card 8800GT 512mb Back in my pc and booted fine games was fine .... so i decided to put the old card back in ... and not it wont even display anything . it will boot up into windows cause i can hear the loggon sound .plus i tried it on my dads pc with a 850watt PSU ( Serious Gaming PC ) and its the same on his ... and hes running a hd 6950 himself ... so i no his pc can take 1 ...

Any Ideas ???

Cheers

have you tried resetting the CMOS?
You can also reseat your GPU cooler? Sounds like your card is overheating and shutting down
RMA it if you can or take it back and get a new one?

it works fine with my old car . just this new card and its a new board . plus it does the same in another pc ...

and i cant rma it .... as i got it from ebuyer and im a buinsess user. so only got 30 days . it was brought in november !!!

grrr lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom