Is this a good build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything you have will do the job. My suggestion would be go with an amd chip. IMO they are a better value. One regret I have is not getting a 6.0 gb/s hard drive. Which your MB supports. I'd make sure that one is. Hard drives tend to be the bottleneck.

Can you think of a good 6.0 gb/s hard drive on tech buy? haha Perhaps I could change it to this one? HP 500GB 7200rpm Serial ATA-III-600 HDD (QK554AA) | Techbuy Australia

HP 500GB 7200rpm Serial ATA-III-600 HDD (QK554AA) | Techbuy Australia

HP 500GB 7200rpm Serial ATA-III-600 HDD would that be adequate?

Yes. To my knowledge all sata III drives are 6.0. I would say that's capable. When you build it and benchmark it, if it still seems slower you can always try a revodrive they are fairly new and are on newegg as well. I saw them in maximum PC magazine. I thought they were pretty cool.

@ Redfever, please don't double and triple post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

You switched to a AMD cpu but the motherboard you have posted is not compatible with that cpu.

@ Redfever, please don't double and triple post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

You switched to a AMD cpu but the motherboard you have posted is not compatible with that cpu.

Thanks for the warning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom