3500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

derfist

In Runtime
do the AMD S939 3500+ processor, which can be either 90 nm or 130 nm have compatibility issues with some motherboards? if so, pls state y. thanks guys.:bald:

every single 939 mobo needs a bios update to get the 90nm work, maybe theres 1 or 2 that dont. But for the 939 130 nm, there no problems. If you do get the av8 3rd eye, u MUST install windows using only 1 stick of ram, as it wont recocnize 2 untill you flash bios.

how do u tell the diff between a 90 nm n 130 nm processor? which is better and y? do they perform very differently?

there is ive read a 6% performance increase with the 90nm but if your building right now i would go 130 nm, as it will give you far less headaches, i know this from my own recent experiences.

and with the abit boards flashing bios is impossible unless you have a 130 nm processor that will post so you can flash, so therefore the 90nm turns into a paperweight unless you have a 130 nm processor laying around or someone who does and can flash your bios to the latest version.

the only board ive heard of that can flash w/o a 130 nm processorr is the asus - av8 (ASUS not ABIT)

all in all id say go 130 nm for the time being, or wait it out untill you can get a board that comes out of the box ready for 90 nm processors.

how about the MSI "K8N Neo2 Platinum?" does it support the 90nm version? thanks 4 d info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom