Upgrading my pc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehReview

Solid State Member
hey guys im going to be upgrading my pc since my current video card is dying (GT 430)

so anyways right now im planning on replacing the PSU and Video Card

right now i have a HP Pavilion a6110n that i use for gaming (League of legends, WoW, etc...)

i have skyrim and BF3 because they were gifts but this hunk of crap cant even start them up...

so anyways i was going to upgrade this pc and in a few months i was just going to remove them from this pc and put them into a new pc rig that i will build myself.

so im debating between Nvidia and Raedon....

and i was going to get a Nvidia 560ti with 2gb Vram and Twin Frozr II

or a 6950 with 2gb Vram and Twin Frozr II...

or maybe a 6870 or something...

later on in my new rig i will SLI/Crossfire them...

so if any of you could tell me what i should pick as far as video cards and also a good PSU thats SLI ready...

thanks guys :p

i hope to see some quick responses!

sorry i should have included this information in the first place...

right now i have Windows XP but im going to get windows 7 in my new rig

3gb of ddr2 ram

my budget would have to be $280 MAX for the graphics card and around or below $100 for PSU...

or like $380 in total...

my processor is a AMD 4400+ dual core (new rig is going to have a 2500k)

wait im confused, are you upgrading your rig or building a new one?

hmmk soo...

right now i want to put the new video card and PSU into my CURRENT rig right now...

i know its going to be bottlenecked and such so...

LATER ON im going to build a NEW rig and use the same video card and PSU and buy a new CPU , Mobo, etc...

i hope this was clear enough :p

Both of those video cards are great cards and either is a great choice.

Make sure you buy a good, solid reliable brand power supply. corsiar,pc power & cooling,antech......if you are not sure make sure to ask questions.

Not sure about HP's, but when I upgraded a dell with a power supply...I had to drill new holes to mount it.....who ever made dells power supplies, gave them a different hole pattern in the case mounting.

Both of those video cards are great cards and either is a great choice.

Make sure you buy a good, solid reliable brand power supply. corsiar,pc power & cooling,antech......if you are not sure make sure to ask questions.

Not sure about HP's, but when I upgraded a dell with a power supply...I had to drill new holes to mount it.....who ever made dells power supplies, gave them a different hole pattern in the case mounting.

so far im going with these ones...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127588

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139025

used a PSU calculator and in my new build it says it needs around 784w of power so i got a 800w supply

The antec high current gamer psu's are 80 plus certified and seem to come in at a great value for money price point, and for gamers they are great due to the high current it can carry over the 12v rails. And being Antec it at least isn't some cheap nasty brand :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom