camera installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

peggybob

Beta member
I am trying to reinstall my sony cybershot p52 digital camera. I dont have any software so I downloaded the driver and succesfully (I beleive) installed it. I then plugged in the USB cable and connected my camera. The add hardware wizard didnt launch and there wasnt an option to manually add it.
When i turn on the camere I get a pop up box which gives me an option to "safely remove hardware".
How can i get my computer to recognise my camera or what am i doing wrong?
Thanks

Open My Computer, are you sure it's not already showing up?

Also, check in Control Panel > Scanners and Cameras

Try removing again unplug it.Check devive manager make sure its removed.Unzip your drivers so you can find them when it searches.Shut down the system connect the camera turn it on and boot up.Navigate windows to the drivers when promted .
Also make sure the driver you DL is for the proper OS Sytem if applicable.

thank you cappy but I have done as you suggested many many times. Ive tried uninstalling and rebooting and then installing and rebooting and various other ways, I have dowloaded the correct driver again, followed the instruction from the site, tried to manually install it, installed it WITH the usb attached, uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled it WITHOUT the usb attached.
The sony usb driver shows in device manager but the camere doesnt show in imaging devices but thats because it isnt installed as it wont recognise my camera right?

What kind of sytem do you have . Some motherboards have both USB 1.1 and 2.0 ports make sure your conected to the proper port .You cant put a 1.1 USB device on a 2.0 port but you can put a 2.0 USB device on 1.1 or 2.0 i think thats correct hopefully some1 else will verify.

well i dont know about the port but what i do know is that my camera was plugged in in exacrtly the same place as it is this time.
For some reason when i tried to use my camera weeks ago i got the message something like "there are no imaging devices installed on your pc blah blah blah"
so i did a "repair" on xp as my pc was acting funny anyway.
then i went throught he process of installing my camera just as i have done before but this time it wont work.
Maybe my hard drive is sick?? I really dont know!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom