problem with perfomance while raiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddrussian

Solid State Member
I have an emachine with a amd 2x2 1.8 gb processor 260. Today i upgraded to a 700 watt power supply and an nvidia gtx560ti superclocked video card. Before installing the video card and power supply, while raiding I was dropping to 2-5 fps during boss fights. the more graphic intense the fight the worst. So assuming it was my video card i bought these 2 things and went into a raid tonight and was still at 5-10 during the fights. And this is on good settings which is next to the lowest setting. With everything I read this video card should easily perform at 30+ fps during boss fights. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

im guessing your talking about wow and mmo's are heavy cpu users so im told so my guess would be that your cpu is bottlenecking you what was your fps before the card?

My frame rates with my old card were, during fights 2-5 fps tops. When im just messing around in the cities and stuff not to graphic intense 20-30.

with the new card 5-10 fps during fights and 30-40 just messin around.

with my old card i ran on the lowest setting possible, and with this new card im running at next to last lowest settings. The gtx560ti superclocked should easily from what i have read be able to handle highest settings, and put out good fps while doing it.

I also forgot to put i have stock 4 gigs ddr 3 memory, this computer is from walmart, an emachine. I just added the video card and power supply.

thanks again for u help.

does it have the latest drivers for the video card? what is the model number of the computer? when did you buy it? what cpu is in it?

Your CPU is definitely bottlenecking, mmos are heavily reliant on CPU power, and its emphasized the most in raids.

I have had it less than 1 yr the model number is:

emachine
ET1352g
its an
AMD ATHLON (tm) 2 x2 260u processor 1.8ghz
4 gb ram
64 bit operating system
windows 7
atx 700 watt power supply
nvidia gtx560 ti superclocked

I dont know alot about computers, trying to post everything needed. If there is anything else please let me know. I really appreciate all the help.

If its my computer bottlenecking what does that really mean, And can i fix it by changing my processor or am i going to have to get a new motherboard processor? Thanks Everyone very much...

Also If possible can I get some help picking a motherboard/processor combo that would do good with what i got. around 200$ thanks again

i cant seem to find what motherboard is in the ET1352g so i cant say if you can upgrade your cpu but i can tell you if you change your motherboard you'll lose your OS (windows) and have to buy a new install disc

If possible I would like to change just the processor to a better one, but new to this so dont know if its possible.

k i figured out my motherbord has am am2 chip, does that mean i can find a bigger processor in that chip and put it in or is it more complicated than that? thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom