outlook express

Status
Not open for further replies.

orrinhintz

Beta member
when i check my e-mail (multiple accounts) my msn account will open but i am unable to down load the messages from the server. I get a error message ox800ccc0f which i have looked up on the net, but really did not find any info....
i have xp pro sp2 and norton anti-virus... p4 1.4GH....

so... does anyone have a suggestion besides dumping msn... i need those messages ... life as i know will cease if i don't respond to that lady....

Here, found this:

0x800ccc0f : (often misread as 0x800cccOf) The SMTP server didnÂ’t open up for sending. Make a read mail call right before trying to send. See We do not relay

Error 571: Name@Mail.Net prohibited. We do not relay is an error message by the SMTP server. If you dial into the Internet with service B and try to send with service A the SMTP server of A may not have you identified and refuses to send mail from an unknown. Remedy: Try the process immediately again, as the pop server may have been successfully opened (with password) by Outlook and informed its SMTP collegue that you are OK. SMTP then opens up for you for a couple of minutes. Or: use the trick with the two identical accounts.
451Need to authenticate via SMTP-AUTH-Login tells you that the SMTP server didnÂ’t open up for sending, see we donÂ’t relay above.
If Outlook ever asks you to repair the mail inbox, just look for and use scanpst.exe on your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom