PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

highelve0065

Baseband Member
i just put together my new build, i did everything like i always do and what not. when i turn my computer on it posts twice, i think this is just the sabertooth motherboard, however no matter how i try to connect my pc to a screen it doesnt work.
iv tried my normal cord and a hdmi cord, could this be my gpu, i have the asus gtx 570
thanks in advance guys

Sounds like you didn't connect your graphics card correctly into the motherboard.

Is it firmly in the pci-e slot and did you plug both PCI-E power dongles (6 pin) in?

intel core i5 2500k
cooler master v6 gt cpu cooler
asus gtx 570
asus sabertooth p67
g skill sniper ram 8gb 1600mh (2x 4gb sticks)
coolermaster silent pro 850w psu
500g hd
1tb hd
blue ray drive
dvd burner
thernamtake chaser mk1 case
asus wifi card
1x extra cooler master 200ml fan

i no my gpu isnt fualty as i have put another gpu (from the pc im currently using to post this) in it and its the same issues, i havnt tried putting that gpu (non working pc) into this one as i have to go to work right now. however if anyone is fimilar with the sabertooth p67, i have a red led next to my ram could that be the issue
im sure i put it in correctly, i have tried different ram and its the same issue, however my pc still looks like its running, so im stumpt

those red lights are normal (i have the p67 sabertooth aswell) four red lights should turn on. 1st one to the bottom left of the ram 2nd at the top of the ram 3rd top left of the gpu (underneath the usb bit thing that says sabertooth p67 (should probably know what thats called)) and finally a red light above the sata ports.

Edit: look at chapter 2-14 in the manual it explains the post state leds.

To quote the manual

"2. POST State LEDsThe POST State LEDs of CPU, DRAM, VGA card, and HDD indicate key components status during POST (Power-on Self Test). If an error is found , the LED next to the error device will continue lighting until the problem is solved. This user-friendly design provides an intuitional way to locate the root problem within a second."

this diagram is what i was trying to explain above (its from the manual)

View attachment 5063

hope this helps, i think the red light staying next to your ram means thats the problem (either the ram or cpu depending what light you meant)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom