gaming laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj1818

Beta member
hey guys I'm looking for a gaming laptop under $1000. I'm looking for a laptop that is fast and has decently good graphics and is powerful enough to play good games at at least half capacity with out lagging.

the laptop i kinda like is the: Toshiba - Satellite Laptop / Intel® Core™ i7 Processor / 17.3" Display / 6GB Memory / 750GB Hard Drive - Platinum please don't recommend a desktop because i really want and need a laptop

Any reason why you prefer a laptop? Just wondering.

No doubt that thing is going to get hot.

The CPU is not wholly what makes a game run good. It depends highly on the GPU and RAM. You could play as good with the i5 as you can with the i7, using the same GFX and RAM.

sorry that really wasn't supposed to be a link idk what it was i just copied and pasted it from bestbuy.com.

the reason y i want a laptop is because i am going on a few long trips and would like 2 have one so i can occupy my self with movies/games,by long i mean 15 hour plain flights,

That is NOT a gaming laptop by any means. The cooling system in it presumably sucks, and it would get very hot and uncomfortable for long flights. Also, you need a good GPU (graphics card) to game, and even at that low resolution, modern games won't run well, some at all, because it only has Intel HD Graphics (3000 , I think) Look for a laptop with a discrete GPU.

This is incorrect. 'Nothing' is a very strong word.

Yes, GPU is greater than CPU for games, but you dont want a good GPU with an "OK" CPU, its a huge bottleneck.

CPUs are rarely a bottleneck these days. As long as the laptop has an i5 or better the gpu will be the limiting factor 99% of the time.

I meant to say anything of the newest age, Sims 3, BF3, Skryim, etc. He won't be playing them at the preformance level he wants, anyhow.

An i5 isn't an "OK" CPU, by any means. It packs just almost as much power as a i7 does. I would say an i3 is a little low grade, but it still packs a punch.

could u guys give me any suggestions on laptops please. i really could use any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom