what can I upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderdome

Baseband Member
I have a Dell XPS 8300, i7 2.4 ghz, 8 gigs of DDR3 ram, not sure what the make is or speed, guessing its a pretty average low budget ram as it came from dell. I have thrown in a OCZ 850 watt PSU thats been running perfectly for 6 months or so now, and went through a few video cards till I found the 560 ti worked best for my needs.

Now my question is will getting faster ram, or a faster hard drive improve anything gaming wise? Use it for Secondlife which is probably the most graphic intensive thing I do with it, everything else is light little games. I cant do much to upgrade the computer itself save for the ram and hard drive, the motherboard... well not planning on gutting a dell case to try and squeeze a new mother board in.

are there loading screens etc. on secondlife. I bought an ssd and the loading times on skyrim are like 1 second or less, they used to be around 5 seconds. Plus my pc boots up a lot quicker, i think anyone here will tell you an ssd is a good upgrade to make.

are there loading screens etc. on secondlife. I bought an ssd and the loading times on skyrim are like 1 second or less, they used to be around 5 seconds. Plus my pc boots up a lot quicker, i think anyone here will tell you an ssd is a good upgrade to make.

There are a multitude of different sims, like islands, so when you go to one it needs to load up, and that usually happens pretty quickly. Its all online though, none of that is actually on my computer. I have a fast connection at 30 mbps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom