NO SIGNAL ON FIRST BOOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

brov516

Beta member
CPU = (AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition Deneb 3.5GHz Socket AM3)
MOTHERBOARD = (ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s )
RAM = (CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600)
HEATSINK = (OEM heatsink)
OS = (NOTHING YET)
POWER SUPPLY = (CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply)
VIDEO CARD = (EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1563-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16)

I just finished the build, I get no beeps when I boot it up. All fans go on and everything seems to be properly installed. I have it hooked up via HDMI to my Viore 27inch tv. It just stays powered on with no signal.

When you get a successful boot, don't you get two consecutive beeps? I get none and I have the little speaker cable plugged into the correct spot that came with the MB.

PLEASE HELP! THIS IS MY FIRST BUILD!

Jon

I've attached an image, maybe anyone could see anything wrong?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks like your 4 pin CPU power isn't plugged in. TBH though I'm not convinced that's why you aren't getting any signal to the monitor. After plugging in the 4 pin you should also try another output on the graphics card and another monitor if possible.

Yep, I kind of figured that 20 seconds after I posted. I figured it out right after I looked at the image :p. It was stupid of me because before I put the mobo in the case I did a test run with just the graphics card, RAM and CPU and I did have the CPU power cable plugged in, but when I put it back in the case I made the stupid error of not even realizing that I didn't put it in. Just took a little bit of noticing. :p

Thanks a lot anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom