Pc That is the Size of a Credit Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
prototype is being built. projected cost 25 or 35 dollars. much cheaper than cellphones.

What's a Raspberry Pi?
The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard. It's a capable little PC which can be used for many of the things your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It also plays high-definition video. We want to see it being used by kids all over the world to learn programming

Populated boards: an update on where we are | Raspberry Pi

Yeah I've been following the project for ages. My mother and I plan to get a Model B together.

Yup, it's a composite video output. It's smaller and cheaper (i.e. licensing) than mini HDMI.

The Pi also has an HDMI output. I'm really keen to get one of these myself, they're ramping up for production now so they should start becoming available over the next few months. They've auctioned off a bunch of beta boards to raise money for the foundation. Check out this one going on at the moment, bidding was over 2000 pounds when I checked: Raspberry Pi Model B beta board - #10 of a limited series of 10 | eBay

I don't understand how this is going to work... From what I gather, it's a small pc device you plug into a T.V. and keyboard for kids learn how to program? Well, what are the specs going to be on this thing? Some programs require a little more than minimal CPU speeds to run. Again you need to plug it in somewhere, if this is for a non-profit gig... Where will these kids going to find 20" HDMI T.V.'s? And keyboards...

Why not just donate a bunch of netbooks?

I'm definitely going to be buying one when they come out. I'm excited :tongue: Last I heard it had a 700Mhz ARM processor and could run Quake 3 and some variant of Linux (I'm hoping Ubuntu). So not bad for $25 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom