? About HDMI Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

skullknight10

Baseband Member
Just bought a new video card (EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550ti) and plan on hooking it up to my 1080p HDTV to watch my movies that are on my PC. I need a HDMI cord that is at least 8ft. Will a longer cord...like 10ft give a poorer signal compared to like a 4-6ft cord? Is a Monster name brand cable worth paying the extra for? Just not sure what the differences are from a good HDMI cable from a bad. Help would be appreciated!

Usually Monster cables are overpriced, 10ft is fine for a HDMI cable. You should be able to get a cable for $10 or less. Don't let them suck you into buying über gold-plated diamond-core cables, because simply put it's a scam.

From what I've read there are no "maximum length" standard for HDMI, but research has shown slight problems in cables more than 33-50ft, so 10ft is perfectly fine as the others have said. It would depend on the construction quality of the cable. And speaking of quality, all HDMI cables in my opinion, are the same. Monster ridiculously overprices their cables claiming all this "gold, platinum-plated" nonsense when cheaper cables will do exactly the same thing because all of them are sending the same exact digital signal.

Also HDMI is HDMI, in order for a cable to be HDMI certified it has to meet the same requirements any other HDMI cable certified cable. Don't get talked into buying an expensive cable.

I haven't seen any standards on how long the cable can be - i think under 30 you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom