Good Mid-Range GPU for SWTOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontierKodiak

Beta member
Hello all, I am looking for a graphics card under 150 American dollars. I will be using the card in a rig that I built about a year and a half ago. It has a 3.2 dual-core i5, 8gb of RAM, 1Tb hard drive,a 450w PSU and a crappy 4350 1gb. I had just turned twelve when I built it so I didn't realize how much the PSU and (worst of all) GPU would be holding me back. I am pretty sure that the video card is where the bottleneck is occuring. I am now looking to upgrade said card. I am not a hardcore gamer by any means. I do not play super graphically intensive games (NFS Hot Pursuit, Civilization V and the like) and have managed to scrape by in the past but I can hardly play SWTOR ... at 800x600. I normally run at 1600x900 and I need a card that will handle most modern games well at high settings. Any advice or recommendations (for SWTOR in particular) is much appreciated.(Edit: Crossfire/SLI is NOT an option) Also: what is the bare minimum I would need to get a respectable framerate on low settings @1600x900 in most modern games. An XFX HD6870 is on sale for 149.99 at a local Fry's, is that overkill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom