blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

skullknight10

Baseband Member
For some reason after I installed new RAM and a Video Card my PC has started to get the "blue screen of death". It never did this with my older hardware which leads me to believe its a problem with the RAM or card but they are both showing up as normal and installed. After installing the new Video Card I installed the latest drivers from the website. Here are my PC spec's old and new....

Replaced Hardware
-EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT
-G.SKILL 4GB (2x2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600

Current Hardware

-AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE (OC 3.8GHz)
-ASUS M5A88-V EVO AM3+ AMD 880G
-G.SKILL 8GB (4x2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
-EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

For some reason after I installed new RAM and a Video Card my PC has started to get the "blue screen of death".
I wouldn't really know how to fix this, but I think it would help others to diagnose your problem by telling us what error is given.
You can turn off automatic restart by going to Control Panel, then System, click Advanced System Settings, go along to the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery, then uncheck Automatically restart.
This will let you see the page so you can get a shot of it, or write the error down.

i hope you retested your whole overclocking setup after setting up the new RAM. if not that may be your problem, make sure you re run and pass all intelburntest/prime95 tests for some time (8hrs+ for optimal). if you can't pass with your current setup you'll need to do the whole overclocking procedure again. also with new ram check it for errors with MemTest

Ok I uninstalled all of the drivers...new and old. installed a fresh copy and am now running MemTest. I'll post later when the test finishes.

I dont know how to fix this, but its not caused by your new graphics card, its caused by new ram. Are you sure your motherboard & CPU can handle this ram?

I dont know how to fix this, but its not caused by your new graphics card, its caused by new ram. Are you sure your motherboard & CPU can handle this ram?

Yes they can both handle 8GB's of RAM. Motherboard can take up to 16GB of RAM and my CPU is a AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition. There should be no reason why they couldn't. But my graphics card is ruled out now because it crashed again today despite me uninstalling all the drivers and reinstalling them. I did MemTest but nothing came up. Idk what is going on...it's really starting to bother me. Below are links to my CPU, RAM and Motherboard hardware.

Newegg.com - ASUS M5A88-V EVO AM3+ AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

did you try going back to stock speeds to see if the problem happens then? as i said it might be your new ram being incompatible with your current OC setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom