BIOS Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
You may remember this thread: http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/slow-bios-245054/

This has to do a bit with that. Moreso in the system itself than finding an alternative.

So it's like this. When you go into the BIOS, you scroll through tabs (in my case). They just zoom along, right? Well, mine take a few seconds more to load the page.

I would blame overheating on it, but CMOS doesn't get that hot, and the northbridge, that causes the overheating, is on the opposite side of the board.

As per a friend, I saw there was a BIOS update. I did that. Next, it runs even slower than it did prior.

I did a video on it with my camera. So I can hope to get a solution on this.

Is this just a POS?

Try completely draining the CMOS battery. Take it out for about 10 minutes and place back in and boot up.

When you said minimal hardware in your previous thread, did you mean just the mobo, CPU, and RAM?

Also try booting with nothing plugged into USB ports or any other port except for PS/2 keyboard.

Yeah, other than that, I had my Front port sound and usb. Using a USB kb at the minute, but I can try a ps/2.

Edit: OK, now this is damn freaky... I tried 3 USB keyboards, tried all ports, and it was damn slow. Then I put a PS/2 in. And it runs almost like normal... :wtf:

Why would a system suck at USB? I'll go see if one of my USB - PS/2 adapters work..

Edit2: What the... OK, USB slows it down, it is fine with PS/2, it is fine with a USB to PS/2? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

I never, ever, ever heard this...

Probably the BIOS hangs on scanning USB devices. You can try using the original BIOS version if you can find it.

What would that do? I had that very same problem before I flashed.

Previously, I had version 0099. Updated it to 0140. A probably long needed update.

Sometimes that has worked for me, going back to the original BIOS. Maybe the flash did not update properly or something. But at least we solved the problem, right?

eh, not really. :lol:

Is the fact that it doesn't work with USB, that it is not getting enough power? I mean, I know the 120W Picu-PSU isn't much, but it doesn't need a whole of a lot either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom