Updated Power Supply & Graphic Card *Heating Issues!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielM13

Beta member
Hi!!

The original computer system that I bought 4 months ago was the HP Pavilion P7-1010
The original Specs for that are located here:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/en...7-5110008.html

Today! I bought the Radeon HD 6850 from here:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/produ...item_id=034447

And I also upgraded the power supply to the Corsair TX550M Power Supply!

Now... I installed everything into my computer which took a while.. cause It was more difficult then I thought it would be. So I ran the power supply first and the computer seemed fine. Nice and cool! Then I had a difficult time installing the graphic card...I feel like theirs not enough space in the computer for all of it... but somehow it all fitted in! I turned on the computer and the fan was rly loud.... So then I tried switching the VGA plugin to the second one (cause theirs two places to plug the display cable into the graphic card) and it runs fine! Its quiet and doesn't even make a sound. The issue I have is that I'm scared that its gonna OVERHEAT or something... I checked the my temperatures for my PC and the average temperature is 32 for CPU and the graphic card is at 41 C right now.. One of the things that freaked me out...was when I was updating my windows experience calculation. The temperature for the graphic card raised to almost 60 C I'm not sure if thats normal or not... But my questions is if someone can check and see if this power supply and graphic should be okay with the system? Cause if not.. then maybe I just installed something wrong? Or I'm over reacting about the heat? And if that should I buy a cooler before I play another game?lol Idunno any HELP would be appreciated!! Thank you!

The maximum safe temperature for that card is 105°C, though it is suggested to keep it under 90°C.
So at 60°C there is nothing to worry about.

Your CPU's max safe temperature is 71°C.

If you are really worried about your temps I would run HWMonitor (here) then stress your system, either by playing the most demanding game you have or running Prime95 which stresses the CPU (here) or FurMark which stresses the GPU (here).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom