Rate the Wire Management Above You!

That is a fair bit better actually, much less cable mess in the centre of the case. It would probably look neater if you moved those two hard drives from the handy bay but that would be a daft thing to do.

That is what I was saying to do. Mount those drives vertical in the 5.25 to make them and their cables disappear.

Also, I believe what you mean is inverted ATX. BTX is a mirror of ATX where the card is still facing up.

and secure them, how?

Also, I thought a BTX case was just inverted? ATX opens on the left, while BTX is open on the right.
Screws? :p

Inverted ATX is simply a case with the motherboard on the other side. The CPU is on the bottom, the cards are on top and facing up.
BTX is ATX mirrored. The cards are on the bottom facing up while the CPU is either on top or off towards the front of the case to get better airflow (Dell design usually). BTX is typically only found in "older" OEM computers like Dell.
Your motherboard is ATX therefor your case is inverted ATX. I don't think you can buy BTX things online.

Wouldn't that disrupt the airflow? It has 2 front fans, you can see the screws for the bezels on the lower left of the picture. A good idea, yes; Practical, no.

I did it for years with 2 drives in the bay and it didn't really hamper air flow at all but kept my drives cool as demonstrated by my Quakecon setup. There are 7 drives in that case btw. If you put your drive vertical closer to the bottom then you would only partially be blocking flow to the PSU which doesn't get its airflow directly from the front of the case anyways.

2011-07-31181818.jpg

Use your imagination. Not everything has to fit accordingly. My PC in the above post wouldn't have such great cable management if I stuffed 7 drives in the HD cage. If you do your drive vertical then screw 2 screws in the side of the drive to attach to the bay. Same for the SSD. If your cage has the same amount of space on the backside of your case then stick the SSD there and route the cables through one of those holes.

Back
Top Bottom