DDR3 1600 Ram running at 1333.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KpCollins

Baseband Member
So I bought 8GB of ram because im an Idiot and Massive ram is not needed yet..... But still fun to have

Anyway...

The ram currently runs at 1333 Mhz but has a potential of 1600. Ive heard the CPU determines the Ram speed and if so Im screwed but no matter 1333 is better than ddr2 800.

If its not the CPU and it the mobo how do I increase the ram to run at 1600 like intended?

The Specs I think would be needed for any help are as follows.

Mobo --> Asus M5A97 ( Uefi Bios )
CPU --> AMD Phenom II 955 BE X4
Ram --> Kingston Xhyper DDR3 1600 Mhz 8GB ( 2 Gb per stick )
PSU --> Corsair 850TX V2

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank ya's loads

You'll need to go into the BIOS and set the RAM to the right speed. The motherboard defaults your RAM to 1333MHz if it doesn't recognise your exact model of RAM (which is most of the time since there are thousands).

In your bios go to Advanced Mode>Ai Tweaker. You should find a setting called Memory Frequency, select 1600MHz. You'll also want to go to the DRAM Timing Control setting and set the DRAM CAS# to 9, DRAM RAS# to CAS# to 9, DRAM RAS# PRE Time to 9, and the DRAM RAS# ACT Time to 27. Lastly, you want to make sure your DRAM Voltage is set to 1.65 volts.

Erm.. I know my stuff but not this much lol. I think Im gonna load this page on the Miss' Laptop and do it while reading.

Thank you

In your bios go to Advanced Mode>Ai Tweaker. You should find a setting called Memory Frequency, select 1600MHz. You'll also want to go to the DRAM Timing Control setting and set the DRAM CAS# to 9, DRAM RAS# to CAS# to 9, DRAM RAS# PRE Time to 9, and the DRAM RAS# ACT Time to 27. Lastly, you want to make sure your DRAM Voltage is set to 1.65 volts.

Ok, I checked everything an changed thenm accordinglyexcept the DRAM RAS# ACT because the CHA and the CHB was showing 24,on the others it was showing the number you told me to set it to,Could you confirm this is what you meant to type beforE i do actually change it.

Thanks

According to the Kingston website the DRAM RAS# ACT should be set to 27. I can confirm this if you'll supply the actual part number for your kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom